50 USC § 441j–1. Education partnerships
(a) In general
In carrying out the Foreign Languages Program, the head of a covered element of the intelligence community may enter into one or more education partnership agreements with educational institutions in the United States in order to encourage and enhance the study in such educational institutions of foreign languages that are critical to the capability of the intelligence community to carry out the national security activities of the United States.
(b) Assistance provided under educational partnership agreements
Under an educational partnership agreement entered into with an educational institution pursuant to this section, the head of a covered element of the intelligence community may provide the following assistance to the educational institution:
(1) The loan of equipment and instructional materials of the element of the intelligence community to the educational institution for any purpose and duration that the head of the element considers appropriate.
(2) Notwithstanding any other provision of law relating to the transfer of surplus property, the transfer to the educational institution of any computer equipment, or other equipment, that is—
(A) commonly used by educational institutions;
(B) surplus to the needs of the element of the intelligence community; and
(C) determined by the head of the element to be appropriate for support of such agreement.
(3) The provision of dedicated personnel to the educational institution—
(A) to teach courses in foreign languages that are critical to the capability of the intelligence community to carry out the national security activities of the United States; or
(B) to assist in the development for the educational institution of courses and materials on such languages.
(4) The involvement of faculty and students of the educational institution in research projects of the element of the intelligence community.
(5) Cooperation with the educational institution in developing a program under which students receive academic credit at the educational institution for work on research projects of the element of the intelligence community.
(6) The provision of academic and career advice and assistance to students of the educational institution.
(7) The provision of cash awards and other items that the head of the element of the intelligence community considers appropriate.