50 USC § 404n. National Virtual Translation Center
The Director of National Intelligence shall establish in the intelligence community an element with the function of connecting the elements of the intelligence community engaged in the acquisition, storage, translation, or analysis of voice or data in digital form.
The element established under subsection (a) of this section shall be known as the National Virtual Translation Center.
The element established under subsection (a) of this section shall provide for timely and accurate translations of foreign intelligence for all elements of the intelligence community through—
(1) the integration of the translation capabilities of the intelligence community;
(2) the use of remote-connection capabilities; and
(3) the use of such other capabilities as the Director considers appropriate.
(d) Administrative matters
(1) The Director shall retain direct supervision and control over the element established under subsection (a) of this section.
(2) The element established under subsection (a) of this section shall connect elements of the intelligence community utilizing the most current available information technology that is applicable to the function of the element.
(3) Personnel of the element established under subsection (a) of this section may carry out the duties and functions of the element at any location that—
(A) has been certified as a secure facility by a department or agency of the United States Government; or
(B) the Director has otherwise determined to be appropriate for such duties and functions
(e) Deadline for establishment
The element required by subsection (a) of this section shall be established as soon as practicable after November 27, 2002, but not later than 90 days after November 27, 2002.
(Pub. L. 107–306, title III, §313, Nov. 27, 2002, 116 Stat. 2391; Pub. L. 108–458, title I, §1071(g)(2)(A)(i), Dec. 17, 2004, 118 Stat. 3691; Pub. L. 108–487, title III, §304, Dec. 23, 2004, 118 Stat. 3944.)