50 USC § 404c. Annual report on United States security arrangements and commitments with other nations
(a) Report requirements
The President shall submit to the congressional committees specified in subsection (d) of this section each year a report (in both classified and unclassified form) on United States security arrangements with, and commitments to, other nations.
(b) Matters to be included
The President shall include in each such report the following:
(1) A description of—
(A) each security arrangement with, or commitment to, other nations, whether based upon (i) a formal document (including a mutual defense treaty, a pre-positioning arrangement or agreement, or an access agreement), or (ii) an expressed policy; and
(B) the historical origins of each such arrangement or commitment.
(2) An evaluation of the ability of the United States to meet its commitments based on the projected reductions in the defense structure of the United States.
(3) A plan for meeting each of those commitments with the force structure projected for the future.
(4) An assessment of the need to continue, modify, or discontinue each of those arrangements and commitments in view of the changing international security situation.
(c) Deadline for report
The President shall submit the report required by subsection (a) of this section not later than February 1 of each year.
(d) Specified congressional committees
The congressional committees referred to in subsection (a) of this section are the following:
(1) The Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Foreign Relations of the Senate.
(2) The Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on International Relations of the House of Representatives.