50 USC § 403–4b. Transformation of Central Intelligence Agency
The Director of the Central Intelligence Agency shall, in accordance with standards developed by the Director in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence—
(1) enhance the analytic, human intelligence, and other capabilities of the Central Intelligence Agency;
(2) develop and maintain an effective language program within the Agency;
(3) emphasize the hiring of personnel of diverse backgrounds for purposes of improving the capabilities of the Agency;
(4) establish and maintain effective relationships between human intelligence and signals intelligence within the Agency at the operational level; and
(5) achieve a more effective balance within the Agency with respect to unilateral operations and liaison operations.