18 USC § 2725. Definitions
In this chapter—
(1) “motor vehicle record” means any record that pertains to a motor vehicle operator's permit, motor vehicle title, motor vehicle registration, or identification card issued by a department of motor vehicles;
(2) “person” means an individual, organization or entity, but does not include a State or agency thereof;
(3) “personal information” means information that identifies an individual, including an individual's photograph, social security number, driver identification number, name, address (but not the 5-digit zip code), telephone number, and medical or disability information, but does not include information on vehicular accidents, driving violations, and driver's status.
(4) “highly restricted personal information” means an individual's photograph or image, social security number, medical or disability information; and
(5) “express consent” means consent in writing, including consent conveyed electronically that bears an electronic signature as defined in section 106(5) of Public Law 106–229.
(Added Pub. L. 103–322, title XXX, §300002(a), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2102; amended Pub. L. 106–346, §101(a) [title III, §309(b)], Oct. 23, 2000, 114 Stat. 1356, 1356A–24.)