Executive Order 13549, Classified National Security Information Program for State, Local, Tribal, and Private Sector Entities, § 5 (g) (August 18, 2010)
For purposes of this order:
(g) “Private sector” means persons outside government who are critically involved in ensuring that public and private preparedness and response efforts are integrated as part of the Nation's Critical Infrastructure or Key Resources (CIKR), including:
(1) corporate owners and operators determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security to be part of the CIKR;
(2) subject matter experts selected to assist the Federal or State CIKR;
(3) personnel serving in specific leadership positions of CIKR coordination, operations, and oversight;
(4) employees of corporate entities relating to the protection of CIKR; or
(5) other persons not otherwise eligible for the granting of a personnel security clearance pursuant to Executive Order 12829, as amended, who are determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security to require a personnel security clearance.